Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Spencer Tunick

Before this class I have actually seen some of Spencer Tunick's work and found his pictures to be very attention grabbing.  I was always curious as to how he was able to get so many people to come together and stand together for a naked photograph.  It was interesting to learn that artists put out calls for volunteers and people actually take the time to go.  These pictures are very unique, but I find it weird to be standing nude around a group of people.  I cannot imagine how he is able to clear out such popular places, such as grand central station, in order to take pictures.  I really like the imagines where they are so zoomed out you are not sure whether or not they are people.  Everything just kind of blends together with the area they photographing in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment